Wedding Package Specials!


The Wedding Essentials Idea Show ( bridal show) was today at The Mid America Center in Council Bluffs. It was a gorgeous fall day and so many excited brides stopped by our booth. We received lots of great comments on our albums and portraits. It is especially exciting to me to hear brides that say "I'll be more conservative in other areas because I am putting an emphasis on great wedding photography." I'll say a large Amen to that one! Other than if you have videography it will be the only thing you will be able to take away from your wedding that has tangible evidence of the day. All the joy, anticipation, happiness, tears, laughter and fun caught in photographs to help you remember your special day plus all those details you spent countless hours on.
In the last few weeks I had two other photographers share some brides stories with me. One bride had looked at my photographer friends excellent work but decided to make her photography budget less and went with a cheaper photographer. After the wedding she got her photographs and was appalled at the quality of the images...out of focus, grainy and not a good representation of the wedding day. She ended up renting a tux, getting another bouquet, having her hair redone and having my photographer friend rephotograph herself and her husband. It ended up costing her alot more than if she had just went with my friend originally.
Another photographer shared how when one couple got their images back from their photographer , who had charged considerably less than some, hadn't taken ONE image of the bride and groom as a couple. Not a single image!
I could share countless more stories of disappointed couples but I'll stop there. I hope even if it isn't me that you choose as a photographer that you will stop and consider a few things.
1) Have you looked at at least 2-3 *whole* weddings of another photographer to get a sense of their capabilities and style?
2) Have you looked at the posing? Great posing will enhance you and your wedding party.
3) Lighting, does the photographer know how to use and find good light indoors and outdoors?
4) Are the photographers images generally noisy/grainy? It could be because the images were poorly exposed. But it can also be because they used a high ISO, which is sometimes necessary.
5) Are the large images and the images in the album in focus, sharp images?
6) What was your impression of the photographers personality? You will be spending a large part of your day and the engagement session with the photographer. Having a good relationship and feeling comfortable with them is very important.
I'll just end with sharing my bridal show handout. The specials on the card are good with the discounts until Friday Oct 24th,2008.
Labels: Council Bluffs Bridal Show, Wedding Essentials Idea Show, Wedding package specials

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home