"A moment in a little girl's life story"

Sometimes doesn't it seem like yesterday you were a little girl dreaming about being a ballerina, a princess or just about dressing up in a special twirly dress? Do you have a special memory of doing just that, twirling around and around saying" Mommy, look at me. Aren't I beautiful?" Better yet do you have a picture of yourself with your eyes glowing with happiness over a simple childish wish of dressing up in a pretty dress ? Can you remember the way you felt when you were dressed up like a princess?
I don't have a picture of me as a child dressed up like a princess but I do remember one Halloween having a blue twirly dress. Oh and I still can remember feeling so pretty in it. I really wish I did have a photograph of me in it, a way to look back and see the look in my eyes.
As a Mom we can get so busy with our schedules that we forget about creating those special memories. I know I do! How often have we been at a store and our daughters have begged for a pretty twirly costume or play dress? In a hurry to get our tasks done we tell them "another time honey" We think we can do that tomorrow or next month and then before we know it a year passes by. And then another, before you know our little girl has grown into a young lady. The dream to be a little fairy princess passes on for the desire to be "cool" and trendy, as is how life should be.
I was reminded of this when I bought the first fairy costume for the studio, the dream of almost all little girls. It really hit home when one of my customers came in for her five year old pictures. Sydney had the cutest little jean outfit on and was such a doll in it! But something magical happened when I pulled out the fairy costume, I wish I had had my camera on right at that moment. Sydney clasped her little hands together and then breathed in a hushed voice full of awe " I get to wear that?" It was a moment that touched my heart. When we got Sydney all dressed up her little personality just came shining through, her eyes sparkled and she "posed". It was such fun! Yes fun for me and for her Mom to see but oh how fun for Sydney! When I told Syndey she was going to be on my postcard mailer she was thrilled, it was so cute. I am not sure she understood what it was exactly but she felt special!
When I edited the pictures of Sydney I knew I had to have a large canvas print of her for my studio wall. So many customers have stopped and admired that portrait. One even saw Sydney in town one day and said to her" I saw this picture of a little girl dressed up so pretty in Tammy's studio". Sydney looked up at her tilting her head and said with her eyes all aglow " that was ME!"
So it might take a little time out of our schedules but please remember to stop and take time to let your little girl be a fairy princess in a special dress. Don't forget to capture the moments of your little girl's life story with pictures, her moment in time. I promise, you will cherish it forever. After all these moments pass all too quickly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home